Tuesday, March 13, 2007

My AVR boards are in

The FedEx guy just delivered my custom designed AVR boards! They look good so far. Hopefully I won't find any surprises when I assemble them and test them out. This was kind of a rush job because I realized I needed them just before we went on the cruise. I needed to get the design sent out before we left so I wouldn't get delayed.

I plan on using 3 of these. Mostly they will be used to add additional analog inputs (each has 8 inputs). Two of them will be connected to 8 IR phototransistors which I will use to find the candle. My last robot used the same sensors however I had only 5 free inputs. I will have 2 sets of 8 of these, each in a radial pattern. I will have one set on the left side and one on the right. This should allow me to determine the distance as well as direction to the flame.

I have spent the last couple of days working on wiring and getting more electronics installed. This has been time consuming and tedious but I know from past experience that if I don't do a neat and tidy job here it will cause lots of issues later. I really thought I would have something functional by now but everything seems to take longer than I expected. I have just under 5 weeks left. I know I will have something working by then but I may not be able to do as much as I dreamed of.

No comments: